Ten researchers at the University of California, Riverside, have been included in the 2020 Highly Cited Researchers list compiled by Clarivate Analytics, which was previously part of Thomson Reuters.
The list includes the 6,167 most frequently cited researchers in the physical and social sciences, recognized as “researchers who demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field.” This influence was demonstrated through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade.
This year, researchers were celebrated for their performance in 21 fields of science, and some have also been identified for performance that crossed into more than one field.
While the Highly Cited list includes researchers from more than 60 countries and regions, the United States has the highest number with 2,650 authors.
UCR researchers who made the list include:
- Julia Bailey-Serres, University of California MacArthur Foundation Chair and distinguished professor of genetics (plant and animal science category)
- Alexander Balandin, University of California Presidential Chair Professor and distinguished professor of electrical and computer engineering (cross-field category)
- Sean Cutler, professor of plant cell biology (plant and animal science category)
- Pingyun Feng, professor of chemistry (cross-field category)
- Timothy Lyons, distinguished professor of biogeochemistry (geosciences category)
- Bahram Mobasher, professor of physics and astronomy (space science category)
- Sang-Youl Park, associate specialist in botany and plant sciences (plant and animal science category)
- Wei Ren, professor of electrical and computer engineering (engineering category)
- Prue Talbot, professor of cell biology (social sciences category)
- Yadong Yin, professor of chemistry (chemistry category)
This Inside UCR article was written by Jules Bernstein and can be read in full here.