The world’s most influential scientific researchers in 2019 include 10 current UCR scholars.
In its annual list, Clarivate Analytics names the most highly cited researchers — those whose work was most often referenced by other scientific research papers for the preceding decade in 21 fields across the sciences and social sciences. The 2019 list is based on citations between 2008-18.
The researchers rank in the top 1% in their fields in producing widely cited studies, indicating their work is marked by “exceptional influence,” according to Clarivate. Current UCR faculty members and researchers named to the list and their primary UCR research fields are:
• Julia Bailey-Serres, plant and animal science
• Alexander Balandin, electrical engineering and materials science
• Pingyun Feng, chemistry
• Qi Chen, biomedical sciences
• Hailing Jin, microbiology and plant pathology
• Sang-Youl Park, plant and animal science
• Sean Cutler, plant and animal science
• Timothy Lyons, geosciences
• Wei Ren, engineering
• Yadong Yin, chemistry
Full UCR News story here.